[Clfs-support] Clfs-support Digest, Vol 38, Issue 4

Andrew Bradford bradfa at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 15:40:29 PST 2011

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 10:17 PM, dave shar <clfs.user at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Nazmul,
>> >
>> > I get the same error when using the 20101128 embedded ARM book, you're
>> not
>> > alone.  I'm going to dig into this and see what I can find.  A more
>> detailed
>> > output of error message from the compilation is (please note, my ${CLFS}
>> > resolves to /home/andrew/clfs-embedded/filesystem):
>> >
>> > making all in debugfs
>> > make[2]: Entering directory
>> >
>> `/home/andrew/clfs-embedded/filesystem/sources/e2fsprogs-1.41.4/build/debugfs'
>> >         MK_CMDS debug_cmds.c
>> >         CC debug_cmds.c
>> >         CC ../../debugfs/debugfs.c
>> >         CC ../../debugfs/util.c
>> >         CC ../../debugfs/ncheck.c
>> >         CC ../../debugfs/icheck.c
>> >         CC ../../debugfs/ls.c
>> >         CC ../../debugfs/lsdel.c
>> >         CC ../../debugfs/dump.c
>> > ../../debugfs/dump.c:22:19: fatal error: utime.h: No such file or
>> directory
>> > compilation terminated.
>> > make[2]: *** [dump.o] Error 1
>> > make[2]: Leaving directory
>> >
>> `/home/andrew/clfs-embedded/filesystem/sources/e2fsprogs-1.41.4/build/debugfs'
>> >
>> > -Andrew
>>

> I get error during running 'make check' and after checking it with the
> devel guys I am certain that this has to do with timing and is safe to
> ignore.
>
> Best,
>
> Dave

Dave,

This error happens on the 'make' command, not 'make check'.  Compilation
stops before being complete (see "compilation terminated" in my error
message above).  I can provide more detailed 'make' output, if needed, via
pastebin or gist.

Are you saying that even though compilation stops that e2fsprogs is built
correctly and can be installed?

Thanks,
Andrew