[Clfs-support] udev-167 on clfs

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 09:43:45 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-06 at 09:05 -0400, Andrew Bradford wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 8:03 AM, Joe Ciccone <jciccone at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just FYI, There should not be a /run at all. Not sure where it came from
> > or why it is there.
>
> Maybe systemd has introduced it?
> http://lwn.net/Articles/436012/

I did a bit of reading about /run and it is something CLFS really
doesn't need yet. It is meant to be a place for early system init tasks
to store stuff. In the case of udev, instead of having its database
at /dev/.udev it would go into /run. If udev detects /run, it will use
it, if not, it will fall back to its old behavior.

I do like the idea. In the future we will implement it, probably just
not in the immediate future. Unless someone else is up to the task.

Thanks

--
Joe Ciccone