[Clfs-support] Is a Cross-Toolchain with Ada Possible using CLFS Procedure?

bv bvl at btconnect.com
Mon Apr 11 02:23:21 PDT 2011

On Sunday 10 April 2011 15:34:32 Steve Jones wrote:

> > I've found nothing in the mail archives. Anyone willing to consult about
> > this?
>
> I've done it before.  First you need a native gnat of the same exact
> version of your cross compiler. So you need to install 4.2.4 into /opt
> or /usr/local and put that into your path before the system gcc.

suppose the host already has ada  (eg it  has say gcc-4.4.x with ada and I
want  to build a toolchain with gcc-4.5,x or gcc-4.6.x  with  ada enabled;
can this be done?  And if so how so )

> Add ada to --enable languages like you did to Cross Gcc shared.
>
> There are some tricks to build the /tools/gcc.  Yout need to add
>
> export GNATMAKE="${CLFS_TARGET}-gnatmake"
> export GNATBIND="${CLFS_TARGET}-gnatbind"

(Though strictly speaking slightly off topic how is this  extended to
gfortran  i.e. those who want to build gfortran in the toolchain as well ) {
When I made a half-hearted  attempt  some time ago  by adding  fortran  to --
enable-languages="c,c++,fortran" in the final gcc compilation it compiled
but I was unable to install it }