[Clfs-support] Assembler error when making target 'all-target-libgcc' with the 'thumb' ARM mode

Andrew Bradford bradfa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 03:50:14 PDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Angel Ivan Castell Rovira
<al004140 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Because the 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' on my ARM ARM920T (Samsung S3C2440) shows
> the 'thumb' feature available,
> I decided to build a cross-compiler for that processor enabling that "thumb"
> feature. So I modified this variable:
>
> $ export CLFS_ARM_MODE="thumb"
>
> in my environment to generate the cross-compiler. The rest of the CLFS_*
> environment variables is this:
>
> $ env|grep CLFS
> CLFS_HOST=i486-cross-linux-gnu
> CLFS_TARGET=armv4-linux-uclibc
> CLFS_ARM_ARCH=armv4t
> CLFS_ARM_MODE=thumb
> CLFS=/home/clfs
> CLFS_ARCH=arm
> CLFS_ABI=apcs-gnu
> CLFS_ENDIAN=little
> CLFS_FLOAT=soft

Not sure how big of a deal it is, but if you're trying to use thumb
mode, you might want to use the thumb ABI, "atpcs" instead of the gnu
OABI, "apcs-gnu".  That may not be your issue, but it probably won't
help.  See section 6.3 in the embedded book for listing of ABIs.

-Andrew