[Clfs-support] Failing glibc checks doing 1.1.0 PPC install on MIP405T

Eric Pilger pilger at higp.hawaii.edu
Fri Jul 16 14:46:38 PDT 2010

Book: Cross-Compiled Linux From Scratch - Version 1.1.0-PowerPC
Step: 10.7.1
Target: MIP 405Gpr

Using a 64 bit CentOS 5.5 platform as host.

Straying from the book in that I used a 2.6.25 kernel with some specific changes provided by the vendor, plus floating point
emulation.

Minimal issues. Temporary system would not transition out of single user mode. Is this wrong, or just what you would expect?

First big problem is building glibc in step 10.7.1. When I make check, I get over 1000 errors related to:

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-load.c: 690: _dl_init_paths: Assertion `pelem->dirname[0] == '/'' failed!

Any clues as to where I went wrong?

--

Eric J. Pilger
Systems Engineer/Programmer