[Clfs-support] Problem compiling gcc 4.3.3 cross.

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 05:44:01 PDT 2009

Stef Bon wrote:
> Joe Ciccone wrote:
>> St
>>
>> Based on the version it looks like you're building the sysroot book.
>> When building the sysroot book, NOTHING should even mention /tools. Did
>> you apply the specs patch to any of the gcc builds?
> No, I'm installing the embedded version, and trying to install the gcc
> cross compiler :
>
> http://cross-lfs.org/view/clfs-embedded/x86/cross-tools/gcc-final.html
>
> and there is nothing mentioned about this specs patch, so I did not
> apply it. If it should,
> the book should mention it.
No, you should not apply the patch. Regardless, you should not be seeing
any references to /tools in this build. Are you using the source tarball
from another toolchain? What did you change from the build in the book,
prefixes, omit steps, add steps?

You're not trying to bootstrap gcc are you? That wouldn't work out too well.