[Clfs-support] Sed creates /us--question

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Thu Sep 24 15:56:42 PDT 2009

Joe Ciccone wrote:
> Dan McGhee wrote:
>
>> I've never seen this, but here is a list of files installed by sed-4.2.1:
>>

> May I suggest getting a new keyboard? It would seem you're missing a few
> keys.

You're being too kind in your suggestion. I've gotten gun-shy about
posting in this list because all but two of the questions I've asked
since I started by CLFS build have been "no-brainers" and I have made
"the connection" just after I've thrown up my hands and asked publicly.
I'm getting used to the taste of crow.

I don't need a new keyboard. I need to get rid of the semi-permeable
membrane that encases my grey cells. This membrane has a "goes out" but
no "goes in." My configure command for sed was <./configure --prefix=us
--etc --etc> and I missed it on my proof-read. I'm really sorry about
all of this and I don't want anyone, and this is a real risk right now,
to react, "Oh #$@!, not another one from him."

Thanks for your patience and answers.

Dan