[Clfs-support] Concerned about triplet in 'chroot'

Roy Bekken roy.bekken at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 17:12:49 PDT 2009

On Sunday 06 September 2009 00:13:19 Dan McGhee wrote:
>I have x86_64.
>
> <echo ${CLFS_TARGET}> =="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
>
> from automake-1.11 <lib/config.guess=="x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu"
>
> and, finally <uname -m>=="x86_64"
>
> Book says, "If the output of that command does not equal what is in
> ${CLFS_TARGET} then you need to read on."  Obviously the output of the
> command and the value of the variable ALMOST match and 'uname -m' gives
> 64 bit, but not any of the rest.  But is this good enough to proceed?

You should enter the chroot without using setarch. I'm not sure why the native
book mention that at all, native means that your host is the same as your CLFS
target.

I would have thought that your CLFS_TARGET would be "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu"
but it don't matter that much. The output from config.guess and uname -m is not
literal equal but is the same arch, so you are good to proceed.