[Clfs-support] Using updated kernel against previous headers in Cross Compile Tools

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Sat Sep 5 10:30:42 PDT 2009

Using SVN-20090902-Native-Multilib

I just noticed that on the latest Master Change Log kernel-2.6.30.5 has
been added.  I constructed my Cross Compile Tools using the headers from
'kernel-2.6.29.?'.  I have almost completed the Temporary System.  Will
there be a problem if I build the Basic System with the 2.6.29 headers
in the compile tools and 2.6.30 in the new system.

Before I migrated to CLFS, there were many admonitions in the BLFS
mailing lists to *not* put new headers in even if configuring a later
version kernel.  I'd like to be as current as possible, but I also don't
want to screw something up.

Thanks,

Dan