[Clfs-support] [Fwd: Re: problems compiling cloog-ppl]

Erik-Jan ej.lfs at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 25 07:12:33 PDT 2009

Stef Bon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build cloog-ppl-0.15.7, on a system with kernel 2.6.29.4,
> gcc 4.1.2  and glibc 2.5.1. Actually a lfs 6.3 release.
>
> Now the new clfs system is mounted at /mnt/sdb/3, a reiserfs system.
> I get the following messages when configuring:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/tools --build=${CLFS_HOST} --host=${CLFS_TARGET}
> --with-bits=gmp --with-ppl=/tools --with-gmp=/tools
>
> checking for location of PolyLib... installed in standard
> location                                               checking for
> PolyhedronTSort in -lpolylibgmp...
> no                                                               Can't
> find
> PolyLib.
>
> checking for Parma Polyhedral Library (PPL)... installed in
> /tools                                               checking ppl_c.h
> usability... ./configure: line 12915:  2796 Segmentation fault      cat
>  > conftest.$ac_ext
> <<_ACEOF
>
> /* confdefs.h.
> */
>
> _ACEOF
>

> ./configure: line 12915:  2797 Segmentation fault      cat confdefs.h >>
> conftest.$ac_ext
> ./configure: line 12915:  2798 Segmentation fault      cat >>
> conftest.$ac_ext  <<_ACEOF
> /* end confdefs.h.
> */
> $ac_includes_default
>
> #include
> <ppl_c.h>
>
> _ACEOF
>

> ./configure: line 12915:  2799 Segmentation fault      rm -f
> conftest.$ac_objext
> ./configure: line 12915:  2803 Segmentation fault      grep -v '^ *+'
> conftest.er1 > conftest.err
> ./configure: line 12915:  2804 Segmentation fault      rm -f
> conftest.er1                       ./configure: line 12915:  2805
> Segmentation fault      cat conftest.err 1>&5
> and more ...
>
> I've seen a simular discussion at
>
> http://lists.cross-lfs.org/htdig.cgi/clfs-support-cross-lfs.org/2009-August/000736.html
>

> but there was no sollution there. Is there one??
>
> Stef Bon

It is because configure sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
/tools/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH, right after evaluating the --with-ppl
switch. That means the next thing configure does (a cat command, which
uses libc) will be linked to the newly build cross-eglibc. Result: lots
of things go wrong.

You can try this to comment out the setting of LD_LIBRARY_PATH:
sed -i 's/LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/#&/g' configure

Setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH isn't needed anyway, all the toolchain magic
takes care of correct linking.

Bye,
Erik-Jan