[Clfs-support] compiling the kernel modules lib80211_crypt

Reimundo Heluani rheluani at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 08:10:32 PDT 2009

Hello there, I am having problems to move on to CBLFS on a laptop on
which I recently built CLFS mainly because I can connect to internet at
home (and I'm lazy to change the wireless settings). I think the problem
is that I did not compile the modules lib80211_crypt_* into the kernel
(2.6.31.3 stable), but to be frank I don't even know how to compile
them. On make menuconfig I can look for those symbols and see that they
are set to "n" (it will say something like Symbol
LIB80211_CRYPT_TKIP=[n] selected by ...) but even if I add everything
these symbols depend on, still they appear as selected as "n". Is there
a way to compile these modules?

Thanks,

R.