[Clfs-support] Changed Order of Bootscripts to Solve Boot Failure

Dan McGhee beesnees at grm.net
Fri Oct 9 13:23:12 PDT 2009

Got a boot failure while 'Checking file systems.....'

'/dev/sda2: Superblock last mount time (<removed time data>) is in the
future.'

After checking /etc/sysconfig/clock for 'UTC=0' I redid the tzselect
just to make sure and rebooted.  It failed.

I then looked in /etc/rc.d/rcsysinit.d and discovered 'S20checkfs' and
'S25setclock.'  There was a 2006 discussion of this for clfs and a "bug"
in Gentoo.  The fix was to run setclock before checkfs.  I moved
S25setclock to S15setclock and the boot went fine.

Should I look for something else or just leave this?

Thanks,

Dan