[Clfs-support] /sbin/init: error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6

Vered Zvi veredz at elta.co.il
Tue Oct 6 04:43:53 PDT 2009

Hello,

I used CLFS 1.1.0 for builidng a cross tool chain for x86 embedded
target.

I did all the steps listed in Part I,II,III

Then I built linux 2.6.29 using this toolchain and also a busybox file
system using this toolchain.
When linux boots it finds /lib/ld-linux.so.2 but then it writes:

/sbin/init: error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6: cannot open

libm.so.6 is there. I'm sure. It is linked to libm-2.7.so

I ran "ldd libm.so.6" and got:

[root at sbca35 lib]# ldd libm.so.6
        /home/zvivered/GNU/CLFS/cross-tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2
(0x0039b000)
        libc.so.6 => /home/zvivered/GNU/CLFS/cross-tools/lib/libc.so.6
(0x00667000)

The paths are were the libraries were created.

Can this cause the problem ?

Thanks.

 The information contained in this communication is proprietary to Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd., ELTA Systems Ltd.
and/or third parties, may contain classified or privileged information, and is intended only for
the use of the intended addressee thereof. If you are not the intended addressee, please be aware
that any use, disclosure, distribution and/or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you receive this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from
your computer. Thank you.

This message is processed by the PrivaWall Email Security Server.