[Clfs-support] some strange errors: ld --help gives errors

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 04:16:00 PST 2009

Stef Bon wrote:
> Joe Ciccone wrote:
>> Stef Bon wrote:
>>> Sorry, I've lost you here. Chapter 10, I cannot find chapter 10 to
>>> build a compiler. I think you mean
>>> the compiler build in 8.15? For good information, I'm building the
>>> svn/native version
>>>
>>> And the adjustment, is in chapter 8.8 right (and not 10)?
>>>
>>> So the packages before thispoint have a problem. Binutils is one of
>>> them, but why not also gmp, mpfr, ppl, cloog-ppl and zlib??
>> I have no idea what book you're following. But its not the cross-lfs
>> book. We don't install a compiler in chapter 8. In any of the 3 books.
>

> Version SVN-20091015-Native:
>
> http://cross-lfs.org/view/svn/native/final-system/adjusting.html
> You see: Chapter 8. Installing Basic System Software

Ah, the native book. I completely forgot that it has a different set of
chapters. I talked to Jim a while back about removing it. It just never
got done. It's only a duplication of work without the architecture
specific commands you would find in the other books. My recommendation,
don't use native.