[Clfs-support] ntp startup script

Koornstra, Reinoud koornstra at hp.com
Tue May 5 14:51:23 PDT 2009

Hi,

After installing ntp, I tried to run it, but it didn't create a ntpd.pid in /var/run and the process also exited.
This is because the argument ntpd -gqx which is executed before loadproc and the -q argument makes it quit.
Hence the stop argument in the startup script doesn't make sense, because it won't run running, it only runs once.
I changed it in my case so it keeps running.
I'll attach the patch to the current ntp startup script if anyone is interested.
Thanks,

Reinoud.