[Clfs-support] CLFS Repos, Attn Devs

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 12:44:20 PDT 2009

I know that there hasn't been much discussion on the subject of
converting the svn repos to git. But the process has begun. The
bootscripts repo is already converted and available on
git.cross-lfs.org. I'm about to finish converting the main repo. I'm at
a point where I'd like to ask that those of you with commit privs wait
to make your commits until the conversion is done, then the commits can
go straight into the git repo.

I realize that this is short notice, the repo has been fairly quiet
lately besides some commits from jim & chris and a scattered few from
myself. It seems to be a good time to get this done.

After the repo is converted the post commit hook & the rendering script
need to be updated and that should be all. I would assume that the
entire process shouldn't take more then a few hours.

For those who dont already know. The repo will be available publicly
through the git daemon with read access only. Pushes will be managed
with gitosis. If you want to read up a bit on it, here's a link:
http://scie.nti.st/2007/11/14/hosting-git-repositories-the-easy-and-secure-way

More to come within the next few hours.

Thanks,
Joe