[Clfs-support] DBUS with pkg-config Issue

Nick DeMarinis ndemarinis at lsacc.net
Tue Jun 16 12:18:22 PDT 2009

Hello,

So I finally have my CLFS install working, everything has been flawless
until now.  I've been attempting to setup dbus-glib as it's a dependency
of Pidgin, which I'm just compiling for Finch.  Dbus itself installed
flawlessly, but dbus-glib can't seem to find it when its configure script
searches for it.  Looking at the script, it appears to search for it with
pkg-config; I ran the command the script appeared to be running to check,
and found that it returned nothing.

This leads me to believe that there is something wrong with my pkg-config
install.  I had similar issues, which I've not yet resolved, with
installing irssi, which can't seem to find glib though pkg-config.  I'm
just not sure where to start looking for the error.  I've already
reinstalled pkg-config, only to find the same results when configuring
dbus-glib.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.