[Clfs-support] [CBLFS] gtk2+ binary version doesn't agree with minor version

Reimundo Heluani rheluani at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 10:34:07 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-14 at 10:10 -0700, Jim Gifford wrote:
> Reimundo Heluani wrote:
> > Hi there, following cblfs wiki. Trying to install gtk+-2.16.0 on a
> > multilib x86 system. Compilation goes fine but libraries are installed
> > in .../2.10.0 instead of ..../2.16.0
> >
> > config.log shows
> >
> > GTK_BINARY_VERSION='2.10.0'
> > GTK_VERSION='2.16.0'
> >
> > is this alright?  later installing libgnomeui we're supposed then to
> > have a dead link at .../2.16.0.
> >

> That's they way they have it, we don't change that at all, so it's ok.

But then shouldn't the link for libgnomeui be
ln -v -s ${GNOME_PREFIX}/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/filesystems \
    /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.16.0

or I'd even understand

install -d /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.16.0 &&
ln -v -s ${GNOME_PREFIX}/lib/gtk-2.0/2.16.0/filesystems \
    /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.16.0

Crap, I was hoping that gtk will be responsible for the horribly huge linespacings
in Firefox, I'll have to continue looking :)

> > On a side note this might be useful to someone trying to install gnome
> > following the wiki these days. The d-bus gconf configuration is wrong in
> > the wiki, one has to make sure that
> > ${GNOME_PREFIX}/share/dbus-1/system{,-services} is read by d-bus along
> > with /etc/gnome/dbus-1/system.d
> >
> > it took me a while to find out why gconftool wasn't contacting gconfd
> >
> > R.
> >

> You can update the wiki with this information.

Sure, I was hoping a more experienced user would check it first. I'll
create an account and change that later tonight.

R.