[Clfs-support] 'libuuid'/'libblkid' issues with 'e2fsprogs' and 'util-linux-ng'

Mark Pokorny iridium193 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 15:07:43 PDT 2009

Hello all,

I have a quick question regarding the new build order for
'e2fsprogs-1.41.8' and 'util-linux-ng-2.16' on the x86_64 Multilib
build (SVN-20090718 – Chapter 7.4). When configuring the 'e2fsprogs'
package with the new arguments ('--disable-libuuid' and
'--disable-libblkid'), it fails with the following error:

…
checking for uuid_generate in -luuid... no
configure: error: external uuid library not found

A similar error for 'blkid' appears if I omit the '--disable-libuuid'
argument. 'Util-linux-ng' (built on the previous page) _does_ install
the required libraries into ${CLFS}/lib, but 'e2fsprogs' doesn't seem
to acknowledge their existance. Is there some way to force 'e2fsprogs'
to 'see' these libraries while configuring?

I have not deviated from the SVN book up to this point (except for
using Linux version 2.6.30.1 headers), and previous builds with the
old ordering worked perfectly fine. I am building from Arch Linux
hosts (both i686 and x86_64).

Regards,

Mark.