[Clfs-support] jdk build error

Randolph D Dach rdach at telus.net
Fri Jul 3 18:23:39 PDT 2009

Good evening

I've been trying to build the JDK environment and I keep getting these errors

ERROR: The Linux GCC compiler must be version 3.2.*.
        You are using the following compiler version: 4.3.3
        The compiler was obtained from the following location:
            /usr/bin/
        Please change your compiler.

ERROR: Your BOOTDIR environment variable does not point
       to a valid Java 2 SDK for bootstrapping this build.
       A Java 2 SDK 5.0 build must be bootstrapped using
       J2SDK 1.4.2 fcs (or later).
       Apparently, your bootstrap JDK is version 1.5.0_19
       Please update your ALT_BOOTDIR setting and start your build again.
--
I've applied the patches as per the JDK discription and still keep getting these errors

What am I doing wrong

tks
Randy Dach
Having fun as usual