[Clfs-support] Uncompressing Linux......

Nicholai Vesterløkke nve at mpitech.com
Mon Jan 19 01:29:57 PST 2009

Hi

After going through all the steps in the book I only miss to see the
system boot :(

I'm using a custom made board based on Cirrus Logic edp9307A, and i have
no problems getting the small Cirrus logic distro to run on the board.

During the compile I had problems with the ABI-variable none of the listed
worked, soo after reading
The post [Clfs-support] First try with CLFS embedded for ARM - first
comments

>During the buil process I've got the error message that the -m32 which
>is mentioned in chapter 6.3. ABI Variables is not accepted by the gcc
>for ARM. Instead of this there are several posibilities - I've coosen:
>export BUILD="-mabi=aapcs-linux"

I managed to finish the compilation.

But after I moved the system and kernel to the board nothing happens, it
doesn't even start with the Uncompressing Linux......

Any ideas?

Regards
Nicholai