[Clfs-support] ARM CLFS quiestions

Alexei Babich a.babich at rez.ru
Tue Feb 17 02:56:36 PST 2009

Hello all.
Some questions on ARM CLFS.

1. I need to cross-compile glibc library and other software for ARM-platform which hasn't hardware FPU and linux kernel compiled without FPU-emulation. So I prefer user-space software FPU emulation. Which flags should I use when I build glibc, gcc and others?

2. I need to specify CPU type optimization for glibc and other software explicitly. For example, for arm920t CPU. I wonder what options should I enable and what stage is this option needed to be within?

3. In linux-2.6.28 (and earlier) there presents following option: "Use the ARM EABI to compile the kernel". Is this desireble to bring some modifications into building scenario of CLFS in order to use ARM EABI?

Thank you.

--
Regards,
Alexei Babich, circuit engineer, OOO NPP "Rezonans", Chelyabinsk, Russia
Jabber ID: impatt at jabber.ru