[Clfs-support] NEWBIE Presentation from Argentina

Alberto Castillo proyecto.edulin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 07:34:33 PST 2009

Hi every body!
I am Alberto and I try to bulid a sys that run in a i486 with 4MB
ram+vnc-client.
In my job we are use a mini-distro that runs with 8MB ram+vnc-client.
I will try to minimize ram to close to 4MB.
WHY?
In my job (Ministery of Education Province of Cordoba - Argentina
[GOVERMENT]) we have near a 5000 old PCs (386, 486, P1, celeron500).
I am ultra newbie in this! but I had build succefully a LFS 6.2 last year,
with no help of anybody! Really I have very proud!
But my dream is wake-up this oldies for eliminate the digital wall that
separate poors of richs.
If any can help in this previous moments of buildind I have very much
apreciated.
My sys host: Ubuntu 8.10+celeron D IBM ThinkCentre + 512MB ram + HDD Ide
80GB.
Cheers for all form Argentina!
and thank you for readme!
Alberto