[Clfs-support] Succesfull Build openjdk 6 b17.

Stef Bon stef at bononline.nl
Wed Dec 23 05:16:29 PST 2009

Stef Bon wrote:
> b-vol wrote:
>> On Sunday 20 December 2009 04:42:09 pm Stef Bon wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've managed to build openjdk 6 b17 on my brand new clfs/cblfs  system.
>>>
>>> I wouldlike to write the instrcutions. Can I give the instructions here
>>> so somebody can put these in the book??
>>>

>> yes please but keep them brief,    openJDK on clfs   is  of interest
>> to yours truly.
>>
> Thanks,
>
> I will do that. I know it's a wiki (somebody else replied) but
> sometimes I just want to hear
> it is of interest and some feedback.
Well, I've just found out that instructions to build openjdk aleady exists:

http://cblfs.cross-lfs.org/index.php/OpenJDK

and this one is even better, I've build OpenJDK version 6, this
describes version 7.

And it's good to see that the instrcuctions are almost simular, but
there are soem dependecies changed.
For version Motif (Lesstif) was required, version 7 does not need it
anymore acoording the instructions.

New to me are libtASN1, OpenCDK, liblockfile and findbugs.

I'll give it a try maybe. Right now I'm building the newest beta of KDE
(4.4b2).

Does it also include the plugins?? With version 6 I could not find them.
I had to use the one of the binary version.

Stef