[Clfs-support] GCC-4.4.2 Cross Compiler final --with-float=soft

Zeqadious zeqadious at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 06:57:18 PST 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Pascal Kesseli
<pascal_kesseli at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Thank you very much - I will immediately give that patch a try in the next
> build. Just a general question concerning the soft-float flags:
>
> - Does configuring gcc with the option --with-float=soft advise it to
> always create soft-float binaries? Or only to include the soft-float
> libraries?

--with-float=soft in gcc ./configure simply puts -msoft-float into the
CFLAGS for all stages necessary ( i think ).

- After having both binutils and gcc configured with "--with-float=soft", do
> I still have to build my programs and libraries with the "-msoft-float"
> option?

No.  The patch I linked in actually puts the soft float functions into
libgcc, so whenever -lgcc is called it will get automagically -mfloat=soft
without you forcing it.  (again I think)