[Clfs-support] Another "multilib" question

Hector Oron hector.oron at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 08:07:55 PDT 2009

Hello,

2009/8/27 Dan McGhee <beesnees at grm.net>:
> Don't want to get started down the wrong path.  What's the difference
> between "native multilib" and "x86-64 multilib?"

As I understand, native is your native processor system
(arm,i386,mips,...), so native multilib includes all the ABI that your
native processor has (for example mips triarch: n32, o32, 64) and
x86-64 multilib, might stand for defaulting to 64 bit x86 architecture
with a 32 bit x86 multilibed arch, so when you compile code with gcc
it defaults to x86-64, but if you add -m32, then it produces 32bit
code. IA64 might be included in the game but i think this is not the
case.

Cheers
--
 Héctor Orón