[Clfs-support] i need a idea

mike spam at kleiderschrank51.de
Fri Aug 14 18:45:59 PDT 2009

hi folks,

a off-topic question:
i have a little problem with my external usb storage dev.
my system (etch at 2.6.18) has a soft raid with mdadm and the disk normally
are sda & sdb. also i need a external usb disk permanently online and i
can't unplug while rebooting - its a remote machine. the problem is the
reboot: when the kernel start, he find one time the internal disk at
first and on time the usb disk at first as /dev/sda. and in this case
the raid cannot start. i tried with udev to get a personal naming in
/dev  (/dev/usbdisk%n) but this doesn't affect. how can i tell the
kernel to map the usb disk to /dev/someone, expecting sda/sdb. or is
there a boot param? (i tried usb-storage.delay_use=10 but kernel says
unknown boot parameter) any hints?

off-off-topic:
do you now this?:
http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2009-August/070197.html
i tried the wunderbar_emporium.sh and i got a root shell in 30 seconds
including the download/unpacking/build time!