[Clfs-support] glibc test errors?

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 3 17:19:19 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 11:24:01PM +0000, Koornstra, Reinoud wrote:
> Ok, but are these critical?
>
> For example:
>
> root:/sources/glibc-build/localedata# cat tst_mbrtowc.out
> mbrtowc:de_DE.ISO-8859-1:1:1:2:F:the return value is different from an expected value
> mbrtowc:de_DE.ISO-8859-1:1:2:2:F:the return value is different from an expected value
> mbrtowc:de_DE.ISO-8859-1:1:3:2:F:the return value is different from an expected value
> mbrtowc:de_DE.ISO-8859-1:2:1:2:F:the return value is different from an expected value
> mbrtowc:de_DE.ISO-8859-1:2:2:2:F:the return value is different from an expected value
> mbrtowc:de_DE.ISO-8859-1:2:3:2:F:the return value is different from an expected value
>
> All US tests passed though in all files in localedata.
> Hence, I mean, can I continue installing this one or are these issues a show-stopper?

 They might be a showstopper if you want to use de_DE,ISO-8859-1 :
personally I only use UTF-8 locales (and for those, 'man' was broken
last time I tested it in clfs - with current groff).

 I don't have a great deal of interest in the US locale tests ;-)

 But to be honest, I don't see much point in me replying to you any
more : you continue to top post, you report problems but continue on
before waiting for replies (yes, waiting for replies can take a long
time - we aren't all following the lists 24/7 and sometimes you
won't get any responses), and you post bits and pieces of the error
reports.  Enjoy your build, I hope it works out well :-)

ĸen