[Clfs-support] lilo

Koornstra, Reinoud koornstra at hp.com
Thu Apr 2 11:31:24 PDT 2009

HI Everyone,

7.20 describes how to make the clfs bootable.
I attached a second disk (sdb) and I mounted it under /mnt/clfs (surprise).
When I'll be booting the machine from that disk, it's the only disk in there and hence it'll be recognized as sda.

Right now, my sda disk is the ubuntu disk.
I I filled out in ${CLFS}/etc/lilo.conf

Boot=/dev/sda
Keytable=/boot/us.ktl

Image=/boot/clfskernel
Root=/dev/sda1
Read-only

Then I need to run the lilo.static command.
Will that install a bootloader on my current sda disk (hence ubuntu disk)?
If so I probably better be off not doing so.
Or should I replace sda with sdb in the /etc/lilo.conf file and then execute the lilo.static command?
Will that install the lilo bootloader on sdb?
After that's done I can go ahead and change the lilo.conf back to sda?

After this has been done, I go to section 9, but there's nothing about booting already.
Hence I've got to build the things again with more software and reboot after that?
Kind Regards,

Reinoud.