[Clfs-support] keytab-lilo issue

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 2 05:13:06 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 12:43:25AM +0000, Koornstra, Reinoud wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Instead of a uk map I wish to have us mapping.
> When I do: keytab-lilo us>${CLFS}/boot/us.ktl
> Findkeymap: No such file or directory
> Cannot open file us.kmap
> Keymap is empty
>
> I get the same issue when substituting uk instead of us.
> Any hints?
> Kind Regards,
>
> Reinoud.

 Read the README file in the lilo source.  Note that the default path
to the kbd data is /usr/lib/kbd/keytables, and the default extension
is .kmap.  I think you said you were on ubuntu, they probably still
use consoletools and perhaps .map files.

 [googles...]  According to http://linuxgazette.net/157/anonymous.html
the situation on ubuntu is worse than that - they haven't installed
them.  I guess you can build kbd - if that is not enough to create
the map files, try installing it into /tools (I haven't checked to
see if it supports DESTDIR).  All you really want is the keymaps.

 Alternatively, I believe the linux kernel  defaults to an American
keymap so you maybe don't need to do anything.

ĸen