[Clfs-support] building firefox.

Stef Bon stef at bononline.nl
Wed Sep 17 06:56:29 PDT 2008

Stef Bon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've tried building firefox 3.0.1, with system nss and nspr libraries.
>
> This did not work, because the nss library changed. There has come a
> new library, libnssutil, which was not noticed in build proces.
>
> Look for example:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/pld-cvs-commit@lists.pld-linux.org/msg146145.html
>

> The nss.pc file and the nss-config script have to be changed.

OK, I had to add "--disable-mochitest" also! My config looks like:

./configure     --enable-application=browser \
                --prefix=/opt/firefox-3.0.1 \
                --with-system-zlib --with-system-png --with-system-jpeg \
                --enable-system-cairo \
                --enable-official-branding \
                --disable-canvas \
                --enable-strip --disable-tests \
                --disable-installer \
                --disable-accessibility \
                --enable-svg \
                --enable-xinerama \
                --with-qtdir=/opt/qt-4.4 \
                --disable-gnomevfs --disable-gnomeui \
                --enable-cpp-rtti \
                --disable-debug \
                --disable-mochitest \
                --enable-startup-notification \
                --with-system-nspr \
                --with-system-nss

(I'm still using configure)

Now it is compiled and installed and running...

Stef