[Clfs-support] Booted :)

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun Sep 7 14:10:29 PDT 2008

Joe Ciccone wrote:
> David Broadfoot wrote:
>> With PAM, you NEED shadow installed for PAM to link ageist it. You
>> then reinstall shadow so that shadow links agenst PAM. And, its CBLFS,
>> Community Beyond Linux from Scratch.
>>
> This is not true.
>
> PAM only needs to be installed before Shadow. The error in question
> about modules not being found was because of bad rules in /etc/pam.d. In
> CBLFS there is a page that deals with creating these files, they should
> probably be shuffled around a bit so that is a lot clearer.

I thought I did follow those instructions, but I'll deal with it later -
I've got two installs now (the one built from CentOS and the one built
from clfs) so I can follow them again on one and see if it breaks it or not.

-=-

The clfs built from clfs produced cleaner glibc tests.

32-bit under CentOS:
make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/math/test-double.out] Error 1
make[1]: *** [math/tests] Error 2
make[2]: [/sources/glibc-build/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)
make: *** [check] Error 2

under clfs:
make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/math/test-double.out] Error 1
make[1]: *** [math/tests] Error 2
make[2]: [/sources/glibc-build/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)
make: *** [check] Error 2

no difference. But 64-bit
under CentOS:
make[2]: [/sources/glibc-build/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)
make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/nptl/tst-stackguard1-static.out] Error 1
make[1]: *** [nptl/tests] Error 2
make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/rt/tst-cpuclock2.out] Error 1
make[1]: *** [rt/tests] Error 2
make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/elf/tst-stackguard1-static.out] Error 1
make[1]: *** [elf/tests] Error 2
make: *** [check] Error 2

under clfs:
make[2]: *** [/sources/glibc-build/posix/tst-waitid.out] Error 1
make[2]: [/sources/glibc-build/posix/annexc.out] Error 1 (ignored)
make[1]: *** [posix/tests] Error 2
make: *** [check] Error 2

In fairness, under CentOS during 64-bit there was a message about
maximum lock depth being reached, which possibly could have been the
result of some other task running on the system that interfered with test.