[Clfs-support] clfs-embedded on beagle?

b-vol bvl at btconnect.com
Wed Oct 22 13:56:39 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 05:16:19 pm George Boudreau wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > you wrote
> >
> >> You will need the svn versions of Busybox and uClibc
> >
> > I am goint to use busybox-1.12.1 (released just a few days ago) and
> > uClibc-0.9.30-rc2 (to be released soon) should these not be sufficient
> > and if not what is so sopecial about the   stuff in svn?
>
>    busybox 1.12.1 has a few new patches. Apply them or use the svn.
>    uClibc-0.9.30-rc2 is fine. I use snapshots to catch any bug fixes. It
> took 17 months for them to generate this release and a lot of work, bug
> fixes/improvements, was done in the mean time.
>
> > you wrote
> >
> >> Update the kernel to an omap.git to get Beagleboard support. 2.6.27.1
> >
> > I am going to linux- 2.6.27.2
> > do I still need to do the omap.git  kernel update?
>
>    The BeagleBoard is very new and support for the hardware improves
> daily. I do not know how fast new code is being pushed upstream so I
> stick with a git kernel
>
> > you wrote
> >
> >> Update binutils to 2.18
> >
> > do you still needs these patches as per clfs-embedded bamely-
> > i)binutils-2.17-posix-1.patch
> > ii)binutils-2.17-uclibc-1.patch
>
>    You will need to port these patches to 2.18 and a few beagleboard
> specific ones.
>
> > =================================
> > on gcc:
> >
> > you als wrote :
> >> Update gcc to 4.3.1 to pick up the Beagleboard processor.
> >
> >  with gcc4.3.1 do I still need the clfs-embeded patches namely?
> > a)gcc-4.1.2-posix-1.patch
> > b)gcc-4.1.2-uclibc-1.patch
> > c) gcc-4.1.2-cross_search_paths-1.patch
>
>    Use gcc 4.3.2  I found 49 patches that had to be applied to gcc-4.3.2
>
> > =======================
> >
> > ========================
> > you also wrote
> >
> >> All the package updates require significant changes to the build code.
> >>
> >  > Oh, and a _thousand patches_ to the above packages.  :-)
> >
> > the borad  decribed at  http://beagleboard.org/
> > leads to patches  described here:-  omap patches 2008
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&r=1&b=200810&w=2
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&r=1&b=200809&w=2
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&r=1&b=200808&w=2
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&r=1&b=200807&w=2
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&r=1&b=200805&w=2
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&r=1&b=200804&w=2
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&r=1&b=200803&w=2
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&r=1&b=200802&w=2
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&r=1&b=200801&w=2
> >
> > for this board do  I need to go back early than 2008?
> > =================================
>
>    It is easier to use the patches in Openembedded than try to chase
> them down by hand. All the patches I use came from Openembedded.
>
> > thaaks again and  I look oreard to your reply  (and input from anyone
> > else on this list).
> >
> > bvol

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 05:16:19 pm George Boudreau wrote:
>    Use gcc 4.3.2  I found 49 patches that had to be applied to gcc-4.3.2
could you let me have a list  of these and appropriate url's please?

you also wrote
>    Use gcc 4.3.2  I found 49 patches that had to be applied to gcc-4.3.2
again could you let me have a list  of these and appropriate url's please?

you also wrote
>    The BeagleBoard is very new and support for the hardware improves
> daily. I do not know how fast new code is being pushed upstream so I
> stick with a git kernel

does this mean I just download the latest one from here?
http://source.mvista.com/git/?p=linux-omap-2.6.git;a=summary

thanks in anticipation