[Clfs-support] Fwd: Re: kemap problems with clfs-bootscript//corrected

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 28 16:22:50 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 11:22:27PM +0000, b-vol wrote:

> there is no strace on my system. I have checked the list of binaries in gcc
> and glibc   in the cblfs book and could not find an strace  (that does not
> mean it s should be there).  However there is an xtrace under glibC.  This
> calls for xterm  I have not yet installed X-windows.

 It's a debugging tool - strace system calls and signals.

 Freshmeat is pointing to a very old version, but hopefully you can
access it at
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/strace/strace-4.5.18.tar.bz

 On non-multilib, just CMMI.  On multilib, configure with CC="gcc
${BUILD64}" after ensuring BUILD64 is set (-m64 on my arches, but
YMMV).  Maybe it's in cblfs.  Don't forget to read the man page.

 You will often (particularly on graphical apps which spend most of
the time waiting for input) get a *lot* of output from it - the
syntax highlighting and general colour in 'view' seem to make it
a bit less impenetrable (if you are comfortable with your vim
colours).

ĸen