[Clfs-support] kemap problems with clfs-bootscript//corrected

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 28 12:16:56 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 07:18:12PM +0000, b-vol wrote:

> A) I re-checked he compile log for kbd-1.14  and the compile and install was
> without errors.
> B) I ran  loadkeys uk.map.gz and obtained the following output:-
> lib/kbd/keymap/i386/qwerty/uk.map.gz:1  syntax error
> syntax error in map file
>
> try another version of kbd?
> suggestions welcomed

 First thing to do is to look at line 1 of the file, e.g in 'view'
or with 'zcat ... | head '

 I'm on a box using kbd-1.14.1 and I get
ken at ac30 ~ $zcat /lib/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/uk.map.gz | head
# uk.map
# From bam at wcl-l.bham.ac.uk Fri May  2 20:20:59 1997
# reduced number of keymaps, adapted to alt_is_meta - aeb
#
# old: shift keycode 41 = asciitilde
# bam: shift keycode 41 = notsign
#
keymaps 0-2,4-6,8,9,12
alt_is_meta
include "qwerty-layout"
ken at ac30 ~ $

 I imagine the comments might be ignored in counting lines, but your
results might be very different.

 If your uk.map.gz matches mine, perhaps kbd cannot handle the
gzipped file for some reason.

ĸen