[Clfs-support] kemap problems with clfs-bootscript

b-vol bvl at btconnect.com
Fri Nov 28 01:51:17 PST 2008

Greetings,

I managed to stumble my way and build the latest clfs-  for  pure64/ AMD-64  (
I have made my small changes by using kernel 2.6.27.7,  buinutils-2.19
(without   patches)  and udev-133.

The setup boots OK compiler and linker all seem to work OK. There may however
be a problem in the bootscript.   I have two files which will not compile
linux-atm-2.5 and apache-log4CXX-0.10.0  and these seem to be the files'
64-bit imcompatiility  or with the  gcc-4.3.2.  (report of any fixes will be
appreciated)

Back to my main reason for posting:   My /etc/sysconfig/console file looks
like that below:-
##############################
# Begin /etc/sysconfig/console

#KEYMAP="uk"
#KEYMAP="uk.map.gz"
keymap="/lib/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/uk.map.gz"
#KEYTABLE="uk.map.gz"
FONT="lat1-16"

# End /etc/sysconfig/console
##############################
if line 1 or 2 is enabled  the boot returns
 " setting keymap to uk    [fail] "  or  words such  OR
settting keymap to uk.map.gz [fail] or words such

if line 3 or 4  is enabled  nothing relating to loading a kemap  is reported
in the boot process.

In all instances  no British pound sign is available and the hash "#" key
and "2" key are reversed  and quite a few other keys also.

suggestions would  be appreciated.

sincerely
b-vol