[Clfs-support] Old World Mac

wwh04660 at ucmo.edu wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Wed May 28 06:28:42 PDT 2008

On May 25, 2008, at 1:07 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:

> On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 11:28:56AM -0600, David Broadfoot wrote:
>> Ken,
>>
>> I thought oldworld mac ment the M6800. I know that I will have to
>> go out
>> and try building it on my own, with google as my helper. I was just
>> wondering if anyone out there had done this before and had some
>> hints?
>>
>> Dave
>>
> Dave,
>
> I follow the usage at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_World_ROM in
> distinguishing old from new.  I can only admire your tenacity in
> trying to build for the older hardware, and I think you'll need a
> lot of patience.  Good luck!
>
> ĸen

I had a powermac 6500 had that came with a 603e CPU. I had to use bootx.
The last thing I built with it before I parted with it, was LFS 5.1.1.

That machine was an old world mac. It orginally came with Mac OS 7.2.

It would run 9.2.2 quite well. However, that was over 4 years ago and
all
knowledge of using bootx and that old machine are gone. Although
I do remember the build times.  10 hours for gcc and tests!

Have fun with mac gear. Pretty good idea that if it is pre-G3, it's
gonna be oldworld.

William