[Clfs-support] CBLFS Changes

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 11:49:54 PDT 2008

    Within the last hour I made some changes to CBLFS. This is mainly
just structure changes in the permissions and groups so its easier to
track changes and watch for bad changes. The first change prevented
unregistered users from making changes. The second changes prevented
people who didn't confirm their email from making changes as well. These
changes were put in place to keep people from making hit & runs mainly.
We've been lucky and have had very few bad changes to the wiki, most of
it is just in consistency. Eg, Editing the non-multilib sections and not
touching the multilib sections, or vice-versa. Updating a package
version blindly without considering that the build instructions might
need to change. Hopefully with these changes it will be easier to track.

    In the process I added something that I know people have been asking
for for a while. A way to bypass the captcha. Only sysadmins can make
the change for the specific users. There is now a usergroup to skip the
captcha. I added the users who frequently make changes, and who I know
are real users.

If there are any questions in regard to the changes, You know where to
find me.