[Clfs-support] x86_64-64: Problems with gawk (sprintf)

Dirk GOUDERS gouders at et.bocholt.fh-gelsenkirchen.de
Wed Feb 27 07:29:55 PST 2008

Hi Gabriele,

> Here is a check you can do to see whether the symptoms are the same:

I can confirm that the symptoms here are the same.

> I've even thought about the processor: the fedora system runs on an AMD
> Opteron, while the CLFS system showing the gawk problems runs an AMD
> Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core ... I'm curious about your processor

I am building the basic tools on an LFS with an Athlon XP 3200+
processor, chrooting or booting (I tried both) is done on a System with
two Opteron 246 processors.

> Apologies for the length of the post: hope to be of any use.

Thanks a lot for your post.  I will try to understand more details of
the problem.  Currently I am trying to build a CLFS 1.0.0, because I
want to know if that works.

Dirk