[Clfs-support] CLFS 1.1.0-rc1 is out!

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 08:57:30 PDT 2008

Because of the instability of some of the architectures, We're only
going to include the stable architectures in this release. This includes
x86, x86_64, x86_64-64, ppc, ppc64, sparc64, and sparc64-64. Quite a bit
of testing has already been done on these books and they've all been
considered extremely stable. The only thing we really need to watch out
for is problems in the text.

This morning I resolved the ticket concerning the name of ld.so on all
the different architectures. Then I branched the 1.1.0 release, changed
the version entities, and tagged rc1.

I'm hopping that we can kick clfs-1.1.0 out of the door by the end of
September, but hopefully sooner. If we cut a new release candidate every
1 or 2 weeks depending on changes, I bet we will only need 2 or 3
release candidates before we're ready for the final release.

Have at it!

        -- Joe Ciccone