[Clfs-support] sparc64 multilib sun gem problem

wwh04660 at ucmo.edu wwh04660 at ucmo.edu
Tue Apr 22 15:28:01 PDT 2008

On Apr 22, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Jacek Herold wrote:

> Hello
>
> Has anyon experianced the problem with sungem driver on sparc64
> multilib. When i issue a command ip link set eth0 up the kernel hangs.
>
> Hardware is Sun Netra T1
> Kernel version is 2.6.24.4
>

> Best regards
> Jacek Herold

Hi Jacek,

    Try a 2.6.22 kernel. Also, which kernel headers did you end up
using for your system, too? Which book version did you use for your
mulitlib build? I've only used HME drivers. I do not know if anyone
else on this list has used GEM, but for what it is worth, try an
earlier kernel, not 2.6.23, please.

Sincerely,

William