[Clfs-support] Cannot mmap pam libraries (SOLVED)

Alonso Graterol alonso.graterol at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 18:35:23 PDT 2008

2008/4/28 Alonso Graterol <alonso.graterol at gmail.com>:

>    I just reinstalled Linux-PAM-1.0.1, then updated shadow to version
>  4.1.1. I'm still getting the same ldconfig results and samba configure
>  still can't find libpam.
>    I'm not sure where to go from here.
>

>  Alonso

   Looking at the reported files I found they were but
directories...!? Once I converted them to real files/symlinks ldconfig
did not say anything and samba configure could find libpam.
   For some reason I can not figure out the instructions for symlink
creation in Linux-PAM and Shadow did not work as expected although I
followed twice for both packages.

Alonso