[Clfs-support] Udevd[866]:init_udevd_socket : error getting socket: Function not implemented

杜晓光 realdxg at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 5 05:43:10 PDT 2008

hello everyone,
I encountered this problem when I was booting my machine after finishing chapter 7 of the clfs-book Version SVN-20080228-x86_64-Multilib:

Udevd [866]: init_udevd_socket : error getting socket: Function not implemented
Error initializing udevd socket
Udevd[866]: main: error initializing udevd socket                   [failure]
Performing Coldpluggin ¡­
Mkdir: cannot create directory ¡®/dev/.udev¡¯: read-olny file system       [ok]
Mounting root file system in read-only mode ¡­                     [ok]
Checking file system ¡­
Fsck.ext3: no such file or directory while trying to open /dev/sda3
/dev/sda3:
The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2 filesystem(and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock:
E2fsck ¨Cb 8193 <device>
Failure:
File system errors were encountered that could not be fixed automatically. This system can not continue to boot and will therefore be halted until those errors are fixed manually by a system administrator.
After you press enter this system will be halted and powered off.

However, when I booted up my machine with the LiveCD, I can successfully mounted the /dev/sda3,using following command :  mount -v /dev/sda3 /mnt/usb. it automatically recognized the ext3 filesystem and I could read and write its files in the /dev/sda3 also. So it seems that the /dev/sda3 doesnot have problem. I don't know why the init_udevd_socket
failed. I installed the CLFS-bootscripts-1.1-pre10 exactly according to the book.
Anyone can help me ?