[Clfs-support] Looking Ahead

John john at hf-teknik.nu
Tue Dec 4 09:47:21 PST 2007

Thanks,
A little more information.

At the moment it is not an embeded.
It is only an old laptop from around 95.
The original hard disk expired so I use a flash.
It does not have usb or CD.
I would like to use it for microcontroller in line programming.
I need the lagacy serial and parallel ports.
I do not intend to use GUI.
Command line only.
When I say it works on Linux I mean an old version.
After what is in the clfs book what I have to do is build,
 would you believe, yet another cross-compiler for the microcontroller.
This is my first clfs just to get the hang of it.
For my next project I would like to tackle embeded on an arm.

As a last thought I am wondering if I really need everything in the book.
Can I install the little I need by using the compiler in  /tools.

Dont quite see the point in cross-compiling unless you are building for a
machine other than the one you are sat in front of.

John