[Clfs-dev] About Clfs book

Andrew Bradford bradfa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 14:49:45 PST 2019

Hi Süleyman,

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 3:56 PM Süleyman POYRAZ
<suleymanpoyraz58 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi sir,
> I am a prep. school student at AGU (University of Abdullah Gul). When
> I searching some sources about multi platform compiled linux systems,
> I saw your clfs book. But you know there are some problems in book
> such as versions of sources and some compiling instruction are very
> old because of the fact that they haven't upgraded since 2017. So I
> wanna fork your project and publish on gitlab
> [https://gitlab.com/groups/c-lfs]. And I gonna inform this situation
> to lfs web site  if you permit that. Because I want that others can
> also access this resource.
> good works.

I'm glad that you've found the Cross Linux From Scratch books to be of
use.  I'm CCing the clfs-dev mailing list so that others can comment
as well, hopefully any replies will keep you on CC in case you are not
subscribed to the clfs-dev list.

We now have a Github group for all of the books' sources [1].  If you
want to participate in CLFS development then I recommend that you fork
the book that you are interested in on Github and submit pull requests
back to the project with your changes.  There are many opportunities
to contribute and those of us who are active on the project would be
happy to review your proposed changes and to merge them.  There's no
need for you to fork off completely from the existing CLFS project,
although you can do this if you wish.

[1]: https://github.com/cross-lfs

If you create a group on Gitlab, or in any other place online, for
your own CLFS development separate from the CLFS project's efforts on
clfs.org and as the cross-lfs group on Github, I think it would be
appreciated if you didn't call your new group "CLFS" or "Cross-LFS" or
any other similar name but please choose a new name so that future
visitors to your group do not get confused.

Thanks,
Andrew