[Clfs-dev] Server maintenance - be back online soon

Justin R. Knierim cross-lfs at knierim.org
Sun Feb 17 06:57:20 PST 2019

On 2/12/19 3:02 PM, Justin R. Knierim wrote:
> I have refurbished the previous CLFS server (meander, but now called
> meanwhile) and will be doing fresh installs to get things upgraded and
> back online.

Work on the upgrades is going pretty well.  clfs.org and trac.clfs.org
are up, and now offer https via SNI + let's encrypt certs, and are ipv6
compatible.  Still have a little hiccup with the table of contents on
trac, but it is running the latest version now at least.  Anonymous ftp,
and package and patches downloads and book viewing all should be good.
Still on the todo list:

- Get git moved over to github.  There appears to be trac+github
integration so that's cool.
- Was anyone using @clfs.org email addresses?  I can setup something up
off-server.
- Was anyone still using their shell accounts?  The data is there, just
need to re-add users.
- Apparently I was still hosting headers.clfs.org - the project before
linux kernel headers got settled.  Anything interesting for posterity or
call it done?
- cblfs.clfs.org hadn't been updated in a while, still worth keeping up
or defer to blfs?
- hints.clfs.org hasn't been touched in a while, keep or dump?
- pastebin.clfs.org - was considering just using privatebin
https://github.com/PrivateBin/PrivateBin
- various cron jobs to sync things from lfs.org for lfs-matrix.net, blfs
packages, etc.
- book building/compiling cron, noticing changes from github.

If anyone sees anything off not mentioned above, let me know.

On a funny side note, meander/meanwhile keeps on chugging along. It is a
Dell PowerEdge R410 from 2009, but I overbuilt it back then with 32GB
ECC ram, 2x Intel E5520 processors (4c/8t each), and was kindly donated
4x seagate ST400FM0223 (400GB SAS SSDs) to make a nice raid array.  The
seagate 1tb sas drives meander came with were crazy unreliable, having
chewed through honestly at least 20 of them.  So SSDs are appreciated.
Meander is currently living far away from me in Ashburn, Virginia
hanging off a gigabit internet connection.

Justin