[Clfs-dev] Travis-CI?

Andrew Bradford bradfa at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 06:49:52 PDT 2019

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 7:01 PM William Harrington
<kb0iic at berzerkula.org> wrote:
> > On Apr 19, 2019, at 14:29, Andrew Bradford <bradfa at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 11:02 AM Andrew Bradford <bradfa at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I'd like to integrate the Travis-CI continuous build solution into at
> >> least the embedded CLFS book.  The goal is that any pull requests
> >> would at least get the book to be built by Travis first before
> >> allowing to be merged.  This should prevent any merges from happening
> >> where building the book breaks (we've had some issues with this in the
> >> past).  Travis seems to have decent integration with Github and I've
> >> observed other projects use Github+Travis together like this.
> >
> > I've gone ahead and implemented this for the Embedded book.
>  Not a good move. We are a guide, not a product to deploy to prod.
> Take your CI CD CT mentality elsewhere. Won’t work here. Think about it.

OK.  I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get anyone riled up.  I know that we
have existing mechanisms for building the book but thought it might be
valuable to look at other solutions, too.  If this is not desired by
core contributors to the book then that's OK.

I've removed Travis from the Github group, it won't have access to any
repositories any longer.  Travis only ever had access to the Embedded
book repository.  I'll remove the Embedded book .travis.yml file
shortly.

Sorry for the noise,
Andrew