[Clfs-dev] Fwd: Re: Travis-CI?

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Sat Apr 20 01:08:14 PDT 2019

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Clfs-dev] Travis-CI?
Date: 2019-04-19 14:29
 From: Andrew Bradford <bradfa at gmail.com>
To: CLFS development discussion <clfs-dev at lists.clfs.org>

Hi All,

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 11:02 AM Andrew Bradford <bradfa at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I'd like to integrate the Travis-CI continuous build solution into at
> least the embedded CLFS book.  The goal is that any pull requests
> would at least get the book to be built by Travis first before
> allowing to be merged.  This should prevent any merges from happening
> where building the book breaks (we've had some issues with this in the
> past).  Travis seems to have decent integration with Github and I've
> observed other projects use Github+Travis together like this.

I've gone ahead and implemented this for the Embedded book.  It seems
to work well.   You can have a look at pull request #18's "checks"
[18] to see how it looks or at the Travis build [travis].

[18]: https://github.com/cross-lfs/clfs-embedded/pull/18/checks
[travis]: https://travis-ci.com/cross-lfs/clfs-embedded/builds/109002701

Travis automatically picks up any pull requests and will build them
and mark the pull request as good/bad.  This is my first time using
Travis but the integration wasn't too bad, if anyone else wants to
adopt a similar ability for the other books I'm happy to help provide
guidance.

Thanks!
-Andrew

Greetings,

I do not see any value for this. We already have scripts in place
which builds the book. If it doesn't build, then we know about it.

If you make a change, clearly it works for the person that made
change.

Why do we need this?

Sincerely,

Clfs-dev mailing list
Clfs-dev at lists.clfs.org

You feel a whole lot more like you do now than you did when  you used
to.