[Clfs-dev] creating a top-level page/section in trac/wiki.

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Thu Jun 1 05:04:52 PDT 2017

> From: "Justin R. Knierim" <cross-lfs at knierim.org>
> Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 07:00:57 -0700
>
> On 5/23/17 5:38 AM, akhiezer wrote:
> > Should I be able to create a new top-level page/section in trac/wiki?
> >
> > Was intending to create a new 'Translations' section: but didn't see
> > an obvious way to do so.
> >
> > Is it a permissions thing, or should I be able to with current
> > permissions.
> >
> I took a look, and if you go to the URL you want to create, like:
>
> http://trac.clfs.org/wiki/test/testing
>
> It asks if I wish to create the page with a "Create this page" button.
>
> I think I got your permissions set now so you can do the same.

Belated thanks for that.

Have now created the page 'http://trac.clfs.org/wiki/translations' :
initial content is for the new Japanese translations.

Also included (on-page) info on when details were added and when last
updated.

> If something needs adding to the table of contents, that can be looked
> into also.

Copy'n'pasted a standard-looking 'TOC' section from another page,
into the new 'translations' page; and then added a 'translations, '
entry into it, just after 'errata, '  .

This shows all-ok on the new 'translations' page: but doesn't
(auto-)appear on the other pages.

Is there a single central place to update the TOC info for all pages,
to include the new 'translations' page?

akh