[Clfs-dev] CBLFS Python

William Harrington kb0iic at berzerkula.org
Wed Nov 25 06:17:33 PST 2015

Greetings,

I successfully built and booted multilib systemd without issues while
following the changes in trac tickets which are about to be committed to
the book. Right now I'm attempting Python. For CBLFS I propose to keep the
main packages updated which BLFS would be of no help, OpenSSL and Python
are two of them.

Current OpenSSL has changed target values which are no longer valid for
some of the CBLFS OpenSSL targets (32bit for example is linux-generic32
and not linux-x86_64-32) Run ./Configure LIST for the current list of
targets.

Users end up needing to see how distros create patches for Python with
multilib setups. Each Python release seems to need more edits regarding
multilib. I'm up to Python 2.7.10 and will be looking more closely at it.
I'm tempted to create two patches, one for 64bit and mips N32. Right now
we put a place holder for MULTILIB_DIR.

We have some remarks added to the Python page, and I've also looked at how
other distros are dealing with multilib. I plan on taking a closer look at
it, tonight. I think it'd be easier for me to use what we have now, double
check all of it and then make one patch for lib64 and one for lib32. This
way, a lot of the seds can be removed for each multilib install.

I'm doing this with current dev build of GCC 5.2, GLIBC 2.22, and Binutils
2.25.1. These are going into the book in the next few days. Review
milestone tickets at http://trac.clfs.org/report/3

Refer to this page for remarks which have been added to the Python:
http://cblfs.clfs.org/index.php/Python